Jul 22, 2013

Armor Party and Storm Game

This is what I call a good day. An armor party with my friends in The 501st Legion followed by a Storm football game.

I spent the day working on my Stormtrooper armor, at an event that we in the 501st Legion call an armor party (read more about armor parties HERE). 

Members worked busily all day on their costumes. There were power tools, ABS plastic flakes covering the driveway like snow, and water bottles everywhere. 

I spent the day doing final trimming and assembly of the leg pieces of my armor; my friend Ken borrowed my camera to take most of these shots, because I was too busy working.




































After working on armor all day a bunch of us headed over to the Tampa Bay Times Forum for a Storm football game, compliments of the Forum, a thank you for out appearance at Star Wars Day, the huge event we did there (see the post about that HERE). The Forum gave us a shout-out at the end of the third quarter of the game; a video clip of it is below.


There was a snow slide - in steamy Florida no less - in the plaza of the Forum as people mingled before being allowed in to get to their seats


Below: buckets on, waiting for our moment to be on the big screens above the field







This picture cracks me up for some reason, a quick self-portrait. Heh, good times!

Below: The Tampa Bay Times Forum gives us a salute on the big screens. Very cool!

No comments: