It's time for a change.
The time for this blog to remain on the Blogger platform, has come to an end.
There will be no more posts on this blog format, magnumarts.blogspot.com. It's been a good platform, I've done a lot with it, but as I move into creating websites for a living, it is time to move to a better, more customizable and more responsive blogging platform.
The new Magnum Arts now has a new logo, a new look and a new user experience.
The new blog address is www.magartsblog.net. A lot easier for people to type in than magnumarts.blogspot.com. It's three simple syllables: mag - arts - blog. Compare that to mag -num - arts - dot - blog - spot.
The new blog, created on a WordPress platform, will have several important advantages:
- More flexibility of layouts, added widgets and appearance
- Blog posts that are "excerpts", meaning, only the first few lines of the post appear, with a "Read More Here" link to take you to the post. This avoids having to slog through an entire post to reach the next one
- Much better image presentation, with slideshow galleries that display captions, thumbnails, and smooth transitions. Images are also optimized for the web; they will use less bandwidth, and load faster
- Responsive design, making the blog easier to read on mobile devices
- The ability to add new features, plugins and other upgrades to make the blog better serve its readers
I will be importing some of the best of the Magnum Arts blog over to the new format in the days ahead. This blog will remain active and accessable, and all of the links to the blog posts on this site will continue to work.
But all new blog posts from this point forward will be on the new blog format, not this one. Check it out at www.magartsblog.net or click on the new Magnum Arts logo, at the bottom of the page. Your feedback, it goes without saying, is always welcome!