May 18, 2012

Lecture Making Case That Rich Create No Jobs Banned

If you're a regular reader of my blog, you know that freedom of expression is the issue I am most passionate about as an artist and photographer, not to mention a drawing instructor. While I never discuss politics or my personal beliefs in my classes, I try to keep my blog readers informed about threats to their free speech rights.

So, I'm posting this video on my blog only because TED, a non-profit entity devoted to spreading ideas, refused to put it on theirs, claiming it is too controversial. You can view this post as an act of defiance against the forces of censorship, always a valiant endeavor. In this video, economist and business owner Nick Hanauer makes a very compelling case that rich people, and the tax breaks they seem to get in greater abundance, do not create jobs at all, but in fact do just the opposite.

Whether you agree or not, I encourage you to watch, if only because someone tried to keep you from doing so.

No comments: