Dec 12, 2011

The Art of Mordillo



When I was backpacking through Europe in 1992, I kept finding postcards from an artist called Mordillo. Every city I visited I found more of them, and I bought every one I could find. Mordillo's work is beautifully rendered, humorous and fun to look at. Here are the postcards I found, a few of which have been damaged in the passage of time. 

Guillermo Mordillo, known simply by his last name, was the most widely published cartoonist in the 1970s, and a series of animations based on Mordillo's work was created by Slovenian artist Miki Muster from 1976 to 1981. 



LINK to the official Mordillo website





Below is some of those animations:



 



There's even a Mordillio video game. In this video a German player narrates the game play. This is a game I would totally play.


































































































































































































































No comments: